A reader had a question on homeschooling preschool. Kayla said that I could share her question with you. I thought it might help some of you making homeschool decisions.
Question: Hello! My name is Kayla and I’m a homeschooling mom to three (so far). I really love the Rod and Staff (R & S) curriculum. I feel it’s easy to navigate and my daughter loves it. Pair that with its affordability and I’m basically sold. My question is; if we start with the Pre-K program they offer Pre-K 3-4 and 4-5, but no actual kindergarten program. Would I be better off starting with a different program or using the 3-4 then the 4-5 then going in to the first grade curriculum?
- Rod and Staff workbooks for three to four-year-olds
- The next year, Rod and Staff workbooks for for kindergarten – We never quite got through all of those A-L books in one year. You could start that and spread it over two years.
- One resource we absolutely loved to use along with the workbooks is Before Five in a Row and Five in a Row (FIAR) (mentioned in the list of the resources we used)
- FIAR is based around wonderful children’s literature and you read the same book for five week days in a row. You do a follow up activity each day based on the book. What wonderful memories we have of that time – and your eldest and your youngest would enjoy this too! Something you can all do together!
More on Homeschooling Preschool
- I Can’t Homeschool Because of the Little Ones
- The Ultimate Guide to Homeschool Preschool Curriculum Choices
- Preschool Art and Music Curriculum for Your Homeschool
- Preschool and Kindergarten Curriculum Choices – having had a preschooler for 17 years – there are many favorites we’ve turned to over the years.
- Kindergarten curriculum
- Preschool to 1st grade
- How to Start a Homeschool Routine with Young Children
-updated February 2022
Great post, as a homeschooling mom it is always good to hear thoughts on curriculum x
ohhhhhhhhhh! That photo of Little Buddy!!