One Monday morning following the weekend the laundry looked like this. That’s the pile that wouldn’t fit in the laundry room. It was laundry overwhelm for sure.
After my overwhelm, I turned to the tried and true habits. Housekeeping habits right here on Habits for a Happy Home. Plus even more helps from Mama’s Laundry Talk.
- Changes Are a Comin’ by Kendra – everyone gets a laundry basket
- Laundry Management is also part of Kendra’s Surviving Life with Boys: Managing the Dirt
- Toss Your Laundry a homemade laundry chute
- Toasty Warm – warming clothes to bring smiles
- Overflowing – encouragement when everybody is sick and laundry and all are overflowing.
Mama’s Laundry Talk
A site created by Lauren Hill, this is the ultimate place for practical laundry helps of all kinds!
- 10 Steps to Get Your Laundry Pile Under Control
- 3 Immediate Ways to Reduce Your Laundry Pile
- How to Wash Stuffed Animals
- How to Remove Static Cling
- A whole page on Stain Removal (baby poop, tomato stains, etc)
- How to fold clothes
- How to quickly fold a load of clothes
Also be sure to take a look at Lauren’s Pinterest boards:
Plus, don’t miss…
The Ultimate Guide to Housekeeping Habits
And, at our house, part of our morning routine is using Everyday Homemaking’s ‘These Things Should Be Done Before School’ Checklist. On this list is a reminder for our children to take care of their laundry. We’re continuing to build a habit, teaching them how.
We invite you to subscribe so you won’t miss any Habits for a Happy Home.
~written by Tricia, Hodgepodge
Leave a Reply