When I first got married, I brought this dish to virtually every potluck I went to, and always received requests for the recipe. My husband and children love it, as do the various people who’ve received it over the years when they had a new baby, were laid up after surgery, or moved into a new house. It was one of my childhood favorites, handed down from “Gramma” (aka my mom).
- Brown 1# ground beef or turkey; drain fat.
- Add 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, 2T brown sugar, and 1/4 cup chopped onion.
- Press 1 can of Pillsbury Grands Jr. Golden Layers Buttermilk Biscuits into 10 ungreased muffin cups. Make sure dough goes up to edge of each cup.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among cups.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 min, or until biscuit edges are golden.
Pair it with a salad or green beans, and you’ve got dinner!
Wife and homeschooling mother of three, Kim enjoys reading, writing, and watching old movies. A self-proclaimed chocoholic, she also loves to cook and bake. You can find more of her musings (and recipes) at thedaisymuse.com.
Sherri's Thoughts says
That is a really neat idea. Something a little different from pigs in a blanket. Will have to try.
Thank you for the great, easy recipe 🙂