“He calls me smart and big and tall!” ~ six-year-old
“He builds me a train track.” ~ four-year-old
A couple of weeks ago, when Doorposts shared Encouraging a Thankful Heart, we sat around the table at lunch time and listed what my husband does for our family. How he blesses us:
- Gets money for the family.
- Has two jobs.
- Fixes everything at home.
- Fixes computers.
- Got the pool key in the rain last year.
- Fixes the cars.
- Pays all the bills.
- Goes to the grocery store.
- Fixes the best macaroni and cheese.
- Goes on late night walks with Mama.
- Tells us funny stories.
- Tucks us in.
Watches over us. Keeps us safe.
- Fixes bowls of cereal.
- Builds awesome fires in the fireplace.
- Lets us play computer games.
- Lets us go with him to the store.
- Buys us things.
- Tells us jokes.
- Sings silly ‘Hush Little Baby’.
- Goes to IKEA.
- Helps with math.
- Writes window love letters for us.
- Mows the grass.
- Remembers his manners.
- Irons on Sunday mornings.
- Makes weekend afternoon coffee.
- Cleans carpets.
- Makes us laugh!!!
There’s so much my husband does for us daily. Making this list helped us all realize that!
Honor your father and mother so that you’ll live a long time in the land that God, your God, is giving you. Exodus 20:12
It is very, very rare for a mother-in-law to praise her son-in-law…but I do every single day. He has blessed us all beyond belief; he adores and cherishes my daughter, is a kind, loving and patient parent…everyone is SO happy when Daddy Man walks in the door at night. And I am blessed also, for I know that he will always look after me…even when I am cranky and controlling!