Keeping up the Friday habit of sharing a helpful habit. Today, Cooking Fun! What is cooking fun? It’s simply the habit of letting the children have fun making something easy in the kitchen. We keep a Cook Box stocked with simple cake mixes and ingredients to make it even easier.
Since we are eating out of the pantry and freezer again, rather than share a meal plan that is very similar to the last challenge, I thought I’d share a month long version of Cooking Fun. But before I get to that, have you seen the printables available for menu planning and grocery shopping at $5 Dinners? Check out the printable resource center.
See, part of our summer plans are to try new recipes and, of course, mix up lots of familiar ones. We’ll be working these recipes into our annual Camp Hodgepodge Summer Camp at Home.
- Fun shapes with watermelon
- Ice Cream Sandwiches – dressed up style at Beautiful Ideas
- or 4th of July Cake at Household Ways
We love SunButter®!
- SunButter Fudge
- Strawberry Pop tart with Sunbutter, Crispix and Choc Chips (saw this on the back of the Pop Tart Box)
- SunButter® Cookies + Kisses
- SunButter No Bake Cafeteria Bars
- A SunButter variation of Funky Fritos that The Daisy Muse suggested
- Christmas Sugar Cookies for our day of Christmas in July
- Puffle Party
- The Brownies They’ll Never Forget by Kim at Habits for a Happy Home
- Key Lime Pie by Kendra at Habits for a Happy Home
- Lemonade Pie by Middle Girl
- Mix up a pitcher of Kool Aide or Microwave Tea
- Microwave Fudge
- Our Favorite Oatmeal-Flax Chocolate Chip – a double batch to freeze
- Cookies and Cream
- Double Chocolate Cookies
- CD Cookies for teachers
- Ode to Banana Pudding
- Stromboli, Pizza Bites, Pizza Loaves
- Homemade Bread in 10 minutes (I’d love to feel confident enough that one of the children could do this on their own. So we’ll practice)
- Butter Rolls by Southern Plate
- Flipping Pancakes – the Benefit of the Batch
- Squash Casserole
And, by using egg substitute when needed, it’s all allergy-friendly! All other Children in the Kitchen posts here.
If you’re interested in a month-long Slow Cooker Celebration, you can help older children put that crock pot to work here.
What else do you think we should mix up? Please share your recipes!
All Things Beautiful says
Oh, YUM! Ya’ll sure do cook good!