Here at Hodgepodge it seems we are in a constant state of finding out how things work best. The best homeschool spaces for learning, the best arrangement of our days and the best organization so that we can find things quickly. Organization is a constant in our large-ish family household. So when I came across this essential oils organization, I knew it was just what we needed.
I ❤️ love ❤️ my new essential oils shelf! It is right in the middle of the busiest place in the house – the kitchen. We have easy access to our essential oils and can see them all.
This shelf was made by my friend Tammy’s husband- isn’t it amazing? (I can put you in touch with Tammy if you would like one of these too. Just leave a comment or message me via the Hodgepodge contact form).
Essential Oils Shelf
Let me give you a tour of our essential oils shelf:
- Starting on the left, the oils are organized by color (inspired by my friend Amy – thanks Amy!) The all-important Thieves oil shelf is on the bottom left.
- In the middle we have the Great Day Protocol shelf and some of the most used roll ons (favorite oil can Deep Relief that my bones and joints love 💚) plus the oils we all use for focus which include Clarity and GeneYus.
- Then, on the right, each child has his/her own shelf of oils. I was placing the oils at their spots at the kitchen table. But I found that the oils were getting in the way of homeschool and meals. Now their oils are so neat and at eye level for each child.
- Of course, I need to mention the fabulous Marietta Big Chicken clock and the Fruit of the Spirit plaque – both gifts from my wonderful mother, Nana! You may also notice some mini canvases by Middle Girl.
Next up, I’m looking at one of these 3D Printed customized shelves by Tammy’s son. Perfect for the bathroom or kitchen counter.
And the big organizer/chalkboard thing that used to be here in the middle of the kitchen wall? Moved to a wall near my new desk. I shared about my Simple IKEA Work at Home Organization for Mom. A bright, sunny spot for me!
More on Essential Oils
I’ve written quite a bit on essential oils and how they have blessed our lives and changed our lifestyle. Two and a half years ago I would have never have dreamed of rearranging my kitchen around oils!
- How to Make Essential Oils Part of Your Routine – this shares how we use essential oils throughout the day and where they are in our house. Now a little more centralized.
- Get Your Start with Young Living Essential Oils
- Essential Oils 101
- A Day in the Life With Essential Oils
- 100+ Every Day Uses for Essential Oils
- 5 Successful Healthy Habits
- Essential Oils the Frugal Way – yes, I have learned with our family of seven!
- You may also be interested in our ongoing IKEA and Chalkboard Homeschool Makeover.
Are you in a constant state of reorganization too?
Leave a Reply