Yum! It is summer and most of us can only think of ways to stay cool….how about an ice cream sundae?
You pick out your favorite ice cream…then choose the pastel colors to match!
>Download your free Ice Cream Sundae Tutorial today. Subscribers will find it at the bottom of the subscription feed or subscriber email.
Bonus tutorial at the Teach Them Diligently blog!
We hope you will enjoy a very simple landscape that is suited for a pastel painting in the style of Claude Monet’s Field of Poppies. It is painted in greens and blues with a few touches of pinks and reds. Click over to find Field of Flowers.
Featuring You! You ARE an Artist!
So, paint your ice cream of field of flowers picture and be sure to share with us! Simply tag @hodgepodgemom on social media, send a photo via the Hodgepodge contact form here or post on the Hodgepodge Facebook page. We will be sharing these via the Hodgepodge instagram or on our Art Tutorials Showcase Pinterest board – or both! Nana will even comment on a few I am sure!
Free eBook and More!
- Get your FREE ebook (with a coupon)! Getting Started in Chalk Pastel Art.
- See how you can get started in just three steps! Watch the one minute You ARE an Artist video at chalkpastel.com.
- A note on chalk pastels: Pastels are an easy, forgiving medium. Fun for children and adults alike! Details on the pastels and paper we use, how and where to purchase are in our series, Chalk Pastels 101. A simple set of chalk pastels is very affordable. Nana also teaches acrylic lessons.
- The practical aspects of a mess: Pastels are blessedly messy. We always have baby wipes close by to wipe hands. We wear something we don’t mind getting stained or don a smock.
- Be sure to subscribe to our Hodgepodge YouTube channel for free video art tutorials!
–> Thank you to our Hodgepodge subscribers! You can find your Ice Cream Sundae via a download link on our subscription feed or email. Not a subscriber? Please subscribe to Hodgepodge now (it’s free!) Don’t miss any art lessons!
So does your summer include plans for art-filled afternoons?
Excited to try these out Tricia!
Barb-Harmony Art Mom says
This looks like fun!
So is this one only available to subscribers?
Yes Jocelyne, absolutely free to subscribers. When you subscribe via email it is available at the bottom of the next email that appears in your inbox. Our Monet’s bridge chalk pastel from last month is still available to subscribers as well.