Fall is the perfect time to take advantage of seasonal learning! Enjoy this ultimate guide to fall leaf activities in your homeschool and make memories together!
Learning As The Seasons Change
There are many things about fall that are comforting and familiar. The cooler weather, brilliant blue skies and gorgeous tree color make a beautiful combination. For homeschool moms, having a warm cup of tea and watching the leaves swirl out the kitchen window is a simple and cozy thing to do. You might even want to make our favorite pumpkin muffins (they are gluten free!) or morning bars recipe.
As you are getting back to school and the seasons are changing, here’s a great list to help you have fun learning! We are all about making memories together this fall. And fall leaf activities make learning even MORE fun!
Fall Leaf Activities Perfect For Your Homeschool
You can enjoy a mixture of learning with all of these fall leaf activities for your homeschool.
Fall Homeschool Nature Study Leaf Tour of Learning
At Homeschool Nature Study, we are celebrating the start of the new season with fall leaf activities for a whole week!
- The Ultimate Guide to Fall Homeschool Nature Study in Your Own Backyard – The benefits of fall nature study seem to be endless! The most important of all is making memories together as a family. The crisp, cooler air and the brilliant blue sky (on sunny days) highlight all of the fall leaf color for us. Being outside does wonders for moods. And having an outdoor ‘laboratory’ for discovery is as simple as swinging open your backdoor.
- Seasonal Tree Study and Leaf Comparisons – Observing autumn trees and looking close though, you will see spring’s leaves preparing for the winter.
Under the Fallen Leaves and Other Notebooking, a printable Autumn Field Notebook and More Nature Journaling Pages
There are so many easy printable pages for quick and fun nature walks!
- Fall Color Walk with Printable Color Cards in membership (great for your youngest adventurers)
- Autumn Changes in Your Own Backyard
- Fall Leaf Study Grid (to keep track of your nature studies or to use scavenger hunt style)
- Video on How to Make Leaf Rubbings
- Learning About Leaves – with journal page
- Autumn Weather Tracking chart printable
- Signs of Autumn Notebook Page
Fall Leaf Art Lessons
You can enjoy a step-by-step fall leaf art lesson, in Leaf: A Pastels Tutorial. This acrylic fall trees art lesson is such fun with the splatter painting for the leaves! And the Little Church in the Woods art lesson is such fun to paint with a burst of colorful, orange leaves!
Looking For More Ideas For Fall Learning?
There are seemingly endless possibilities for fall homeschool learning! Enjoy these fun ideas to make memories too:
- The Outdoor Mom Series Perfect for the Homeschool Mom! It is important to develop a heart for the simple joys that come from the most ordinary of tasks and the most fleeting of moments. For it is these things that help us create moments of calm throughout our day and it is in these unhurried moments that we can see and hear the voice of our Saviour and experience His peace.
- The Joy of Nature Study for Your Homeschool Year – with information on a new Nature Crafts series!
- The Fall Homeschool at The Curriculum Choice – We hope you enjoy the last weeks of summer while you put a few wise finishing touches on your plans for fall. Here’s some inspiration from the veteran homeschoolers
- September Homeschool Celebrations – A flip of the calendar to September brings visions of cooler weather (ever-so-slightly for those of us in the deep south), football games on the screen and in the back yard, and all shades of amber, auburn, crimson, and gold. Find fun ways to welcome autumn this month and make memories with the family that will warm the heart and tickle the senses.
- Fantastic Fall Art Lessons for Kids – Grab a slice of apple pie, some warm socks, bury your homeschooler in a pile of leaves or enjoy these fantastic fall art lessons together! Have we got a fall bucket list for you!
- A Year Round Seasonal Tree Study for Your Homeschool – This year round seasonal tree study for your homeschool includes Spring, summer, fall, and winter all in a mix of chalk pastel and acrylic paintings. These lessons are perfect for kids and adults alike. So, sit back, and let Nana guide you through the four seasons with trees.
- Fall Hygge Homeschool Art Lessons – Hygge has been a hot word in recent years. You can find it all across the internet as a defining characteristic of Danish culture. It essentially means coziness and comfortable with a feeling of contentment or well-being. I love the idea of hygge. Everyone, especially me, craves calm and cozy.
- Pumpkin Art Lessons Perfect for Fall Homeschooling – Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, acrylic pumpkin and more!
- Apple Chalk Pastel Art Lessons for Homeschool – Includes How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World and more apple lessons so you can easily add them to your fun, fall studies and read aloud times!
Do you adore fall learning in your homeschool too?
Leave a Reply