Are you returning to a routine in your January homeschool? Here is an example of how the first two weeks of January can go for a homeschool family with multiple ages from first grade to a high school junior.
January Homeschool Routine for Multiple Ages
- Return of the Routine
- The Sidetracks of Homeschool
- Mid-Term Homeschool Assessment
- Clean Slate: Planning and Dreaming for the New Year
- The Very Best Tips for Homeschooling in January: A Homeschool Mom’s Secrets
We sort of slow step into a routine. Making sure we get the basics done, our teeth brushed 🙂
An Example of a Homeschool Week
What we’ve accomplished:
- Back to Math – I feel like if we can get that routine going first then it is all downhill.
- Driver’s Education
- SAT Prep Course work
- Back to all extracurricular – piano, keyboarding lessons, the cast list for Aladdin in drama troupe (after a wonderful production of The Little Drummer Boy in December), regular church activities (choir, handbells, missions, youth group) – after our piano gals played at the mall in early December.
- Science experiments – a whole slew of them this afternoon with Hodgepodgedad.
- Field trip – to High Museum coming up! (Lots for local homeschoolers and other winter family fun)
- Georgia State Capitol field trip (photos here and here)
How Homeschooling in Winter Can Work
How You ARE an ARTiST Started!
Before there was a Clubhouse membership and before video art courses, there were art curriculum ebooks!
In other news:
Because I have received so many questions, I created a How to Get Your Start in Essential Oils page which lists all my posts and information on how the oils have blessed us. We’ve been blessed with Young Living essential oils since 2014. I have seen the interest in them grow immensely. I have talked to many friends, family members, blog friends, church members and I think that folks are simply sick and tired of being sick and tired! I have personally taught one Benefits of Essential Oils class and have another one coming up next week.
Homeschool Art Activities for Winter Homeschooling
We published an American Landmarks with art for all ages late last year. Perfect for American studies and field trip follow up. Or simply for the sheer love of beautiful spots in the United States.
Homeschool Moms Getting Together!
January Homeschool Routine In Summary
This January homeschool routine is updated from the days of homeschooling five children from first grade to 11th grade back in 2015!